One of the most hapless robberies in a while ended in failure because the thief drunk a bottle of vodka he came across and fell asleep, Moscow region investigators stated on Monday.
The owner of the apartment targeted by the suspect called police when she saw the lock broken, the regional branch of the Investigative Committee said.
But when police arrived, they found the intruder sound asleep in the owner’s bed, the report said.
The man, a Tajikistan native whose name was withheld, collected the loot, including food, upon breaking in, but then decided to have a go at the vodka bottle, which put him to sleep, the investigators said.
The ill-timed drinking bout can now land him in prison for up to 10 years in prison on robbery charges, the report said. The incident took place last week, but was not reported before.
- Vatican Prosecutor Denounces ‘Deadly Culture of Silence’
- Wheelies: The Gone in 60 Seconds Edition
- Group Who Claimed Hacking Sony Calls It Quits
- Sharing Passwords for Netflix May Become Crime
- ‘L.A. Noire’ inspires crime anthology
- Russian pensioner faces jail for ordering hit on policeman
- Pat Burns’s property stolen from widow’s car
- ‘Bones’: Meet Booth’s new gal!
- Cadillac Escalade Tops Theft List
- Report: Freedoms in Libya, Egypt Improving, But Declining in Russia, Mali
Submited at Monday, July 2nd, 2012 at 4:30 pm on Wierd by sofia
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback