One of the most hapless robberies in a while ended in failure because the thief drunk a bottle of vodka he came across and fell asleep, Moscow region investigators stated on Monday.
The owner of the apartment targeted by the suspect called police when she saw the lock broken, the regional branch of the Investigative Committee said.
But when police arrived, they found the intruder sound asleep in the owner’s bed, the report said.
The man, a Tajikistan native whose name was withheld, collected the loot, including food, upon breaking in, but then decided to have a go at the vodka bottle, which put him to sleep, the investigators said.
The ill-timed drinking bout can now land him in prison for up to 10 years in prison on robbery charges, the report said. The incident took place last week, but was not reported before.
- US, Russia Fail to Agree on Syria Resolution
- White House: US Relations with Russia Not ‘Black and White’
- Report: Freedoms in Libya, Egypt Improving, But Declining in Russia, Mali
- Toy Paddy Wagon Goes on Sale in Russia
- Expensive BMW painted in purple in central Russia for wrong parking
- Buddhism Rebounds in Russia
- Russia plans to tap geek power for growth
- Almighty set to ‘guarantee’ quality of mineral water in south Russia
- Is Russia Radicalizing its Muslims?
- Russia avenges Olympic loss to Canada
Submited at Monday, July 2nd, 2012 at 4:30 pm on Wierd by sofia
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback